BI Technical Analyst experience with strong Oracle SQL skills, MS Excel and Reporting skills required.
Why does this need exist?
- Asurion is embarking on SSIS to Informatica migration engagement. The migration will take place all through 2016 and into 2017. Asurion wants to leverage Agile / Scrum teams to have these migrations completed as part of monthly Sprints.
- Other initiatives and back filling.
WHAT WILL DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES BE FOR THIS CONSULTANT?
- Responsible for business requirements gathering and fit/gap analysis with business team for BI / DW / ETL initiatives.
- Understand business process and perform analysis of SSIS jobs.
- Work closely with Lead ETL Developer to come up with a migration solution to be developed in Informatica.
- Assist in data mapping exercise with Insurance / Financial legacy systems.
- Assist in gap analysis and data mapping between the warehouse, data mart and ETL layer.
- Build Traceability matrix for all attributes and measures.
- Build Data flow, Design flow and Navigation flow diagrams.
- Develop functional specifications and establish priorities for accomplishing design, development and testing of ETL solution.
- Review, develop, recommend, and implement activities, programs, or functions as assigned.
IMPORTANT - AREAS CANDIDATES MUST BE ABLE TO DO/SPEAK TO -
- Testing (data validation testing, end to end, test cases etc.)
- SQL – aggregate and analytic functions, queries
- Data Analysis (data mapping, data diagrams, etc.)
- DWH background – Support of projects with SQL/Oracle/SSIS/Informatica (any combination of these) in their environments.
- Cloud/Big data exposure - ideal.