Linux Administrator/Engineer for a client in the RTP - North Carolina area. Strong preference for the candidate to be located on the East Coast. If you enjoy a challenging environment with cutting edge technology and a fun/engaging/collaborating team, please consider the following role -- We are hiring for this role for a cyber-security engineering function that sets up systems and tools to identify, remediate and monitor threats on Cisco`s internal network
- BS/MS in computer science or related degree and 5+ years of experience Broad knowledge and experience in the various domains of information technology.
- Proven knowledge of the Linux and Windows platforms, and enterprise systems administration practices.
- UNIX/Linux systems administrator
- Windows systems administrator
- Ability to develop automation scripts using Perl, Python, or shell Strong problem resolution/analytical skills required to understand complex system interactions.
- Strong work prioritization, planning, and organizational skills.
- Strong listening, communication (verbal and written) and relationship building skills.
- Strong documentation skills with attention to detail. Strong troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal oversight throughout the entire lifecycle of a project. Prefer candidates with an operational knowledge of core security technologies, including Cisco IDS, IPS, WSA